Contributed by : Mary Brown
Object # 781
May 11, 1911
Father Ernesto Coppo came to New York in 1898 as a member of the Salesians of Don Bosco. In 1911, he was pastor of Transfiguration Church on Mott St, and Father Demo asked him to preach at the April 26 Mass at Our Lady of Pompei. Father Coppo returned his stipend for this Mass, explaining that having been asked to preach that day was honor enough. On the back of his letter, Father Demo noted that he gave Father Coppo’s returned $10 stipend to Italian-language publisher Prof. G. Isola.
Courtesy of : Ctr for Migration Studies, Coll. #037, Box 1, Folder 12. All rights reserved.