Contributed by : Open Archive
Object # 196
This report by the Landmarks Preservation Commission describes the 2002 designation of the Brown Building (formerly the Asch Building) site of the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire as an historical landmark. Details the history of the building from its construction between the years 1900-01 through its current use as a New York University Science building. Also includes a physical description of the building, along with many photographs of the building, maps of the surrounding area, and the dedication plaques. The full PDF is available in the resources section below.